Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Working with new Techniques

Today my focus was to work using new techniques. Take this card for instance.



I stamped a piece of vellum with Versamark, and then used black embossing powder. After I heated the embossing powder, I used my blender pens and the Bold Brights Watercolor Wonder crayons. It was very satisfying to color again. I brought out the child in me. I then turned the vellum piece over before adhering it to the card stock.

I'm also working on a project using the blender pens and the pastels. I can't decide exactly how I want to put the card together, so I won't show it tonight. But here are some other cards I've made in the past few weeks to display in my workshops.

I love playing with origami, and this card gave me the opportunity to combine three of my favorite things: 1) origami, 2) stamping, and 3) card making.






The inside of this card says "Got Bird?"



No comments: