Friday, August 28, 2009

4 x 4 Envelopes

Its that time again -- cold season. I went to my 30th class reunion and must have caught a cold on the plane ride home. Drats. Finally feeling a little bit better so thought I'd tackle the problem of a 4 x 4 envelope to go with my 4 x 4 cards I made. I have several people comment how much they liked the cards, but asked what would I do for envelopes. I guess you could probably order them somewhere, I honestly didn't check. But taking one Stampin' Up!'s regular A-2 size envelopes. Seal the envelope shut. Then cut the envelope at 4-1/8" with the paper cutter. When you turn the cut envelope on its side the sliced part will be at the top.

Cut a piece of coordinating DSP paper 2-1/2 x 4-3/8. Score at 1" the full length of the DSP strip. glue the 1" strip along the top front of the envelope. Use the corner rounder punch on the two back corners of the DSP and there you have an adorable coordinating envelope.


Then I couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon and making the adorable frog from this month's SU magazine So cute.


Now I'm off to play with my new shimmering paint from the Mini Catalog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One other thought on envelopes for your cute 4 by 4 square cards. The post office now charges more to mail square envelopes -- it has something to do with the automation and I guess the machinery needs a rectangle shape. So even Hallmark now has rectangle enveloped positioned by its square cards so you can just choose one of those to mail it in. I don't see the extra space as a big deal. So I've been doing square for hand delivered and rectangle for those I mail. Love the altered one with the cute DSP flap though!