Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July?

Christmas in July? Well, among crafters it is. And without the pressure of having to get holiday cards completed in a particular amount of time takes the pressure off so that the mojo flows. Here is the ornament card I made. This was totally inspired by Joyce Wowczuk. I just made it the lazy way. I'm not really big into hand cutting a great deal -- but I LOVE punches. I'd love to hear what you think, or any ideas you would care to share to spruce it up. Okay, I've made the card again, but added the Inspired by Nature in the background. Which do you like better?

Stamps: Holiday Best, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Whisper White, scrap of Metallic Gold Origami Paper (for ornament top)
Ink: Real Red, Blush Blossom, and Real Red, Old Olive and Black Markers
Punches: Wide Oval, Modern Label, Word Window, Eyelet Border
Additional: Stamp-a-ma-Jig



This next project is the new little surprise Peek-a-boo Box that is flying around online as a free tutorial today. I needed a gift to give a guest at an upcoming hostess-sponsored workshop and this is perfect.


You can find the tutorial here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/peekaboobox/.

No comments: