Thursday, July 30, 2009

Corset card

One of my customers, who simply adores corsets and has asked that I actually sew one for her (I'm a costume designer), belongs to my very first Hostess Club. I thought it would be fun to try and design a Corset card in her honor for the month that she hosts. This is my first attempt and I would really love suggestions on what works, what doesn't work, what could be added or taken away. I've listed what I used and you can find the template here. Thanks for stopping by.

Ingredients:
Stamps: French Filigree
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Other: 14 Vintage Brads, Scalloped Oval Punch, Black Hemp Twine, Black Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, SNAIL, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer.

I also totally cased this card.

Ingredients:
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Other: Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, 3 silver brads, White Taffeta Ribbon, SNAIL

1 comment:

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I absolutely love it and she will too! Personally, I think I would leave the scallops off the bottom part, but I'd have to see it without to know for sure.