Monday, July 20, 2009

Experimentation

I was watching the tutorials on the SU Demo site last night and thought I'd whip out this card. I actually had quite a bit of problem using my circle cutter and ended up just drawing the circle and then hand-cutting it out. I think the problem is that I just don't have any Dotto to secure the paper down to the surface so I have it ready to place on my next order. I'll revisit this card at that time.

I saw another card that was punch out like this one, but unfortunately I can't remember where. I think it is just ingenious, using the scallop border punch, but not all the way through the edges. Give it just enough decoration.

Then finally, I wanted to revisit this card again. I embossed it with the Manhattan Flower Embosser, and then used aqua painters and three different ink palettes. I want to try it again but with the crayons, and then again with the chalk and see which one I like best. I'll see if I have time to do those other two later tonight.

No comments: